Milton Wood Anti Friction Roller Bearing

Render of Roller Separation
First Attempt

Rollers printed in place


First attempts compared to "X55", a different DMS bearing

Milton Wood's Differential Motion Separation Bearing

I've reiterated this project so many times It's not even the Y42 anymore, it's the Y43! So why have I had such a bad time with this one? Well, I learned quite a bit. It was difficult to prevent the roller from slipping, but with added rigidity in the retaining collar, and many trials of diameters, I found a combination that barely worked.

The result is a bearing which can handle slow but surprisingly heavy loads.

Comments

  1. SOmehow reached your blog...:-)
    nice....
    NIhal, From India

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know your comments!

Popular Posts